The Smart Way to Conserve Energy and Water
Owing to the Roman pioneering of running water, and Victorian demands for hot water on tap, these services have become an everyday reality of modern life. In the last century, advances in technology and infrastructure brought us cheap energy, and incentives to save or conserve our natural resources was not considered. Today, this perception has changed, as we realised our resources are limited, and we now face fuel, energy and water crises.
In the current environment, energy companies are unable to keep up with community demands. Enter solar energy: an answer to the predicament we face with limited sustainable natural energy resources. Not only has technology allowed us to continue enjoying hot, running water, and electricity, it has also given us the opportunity to consume more responsibly, while protecting the environment.
Helps You Save
We bring you smart technology that enables you to have more control over how you consume energy. MaxSun replaces your thermostat and will optimize the maximum energy from the sun during daylight hours, and maintain water temperature during night, or during the day when sunlight is low.
Overall, you will have the convenience of hot water while taking maximum advantage of solar energy to save cost and improve reliability.
MaxSun is a full featured product at lower capital expense, because we have a higher production volume, and the development cost is distributed over thousands of units.
- Intelligent power saving, while maintaining water temperature.
- Maximum power point (maximum power from the solar panels), regardless of environmental conditions (cloudy and other weather conditions).
- Minimum temperature is maintained even if more energy is consumed than provided by the solar panels by automatically switching to AC power.
- Data providing a 60-day history of both solar (PV), and night-day time (AC) consumption is collected.
- Real alternating current (AC) on the element – reduces corrosion on element and terminals which can lead to failure.
- Two-year guarantee.
- Short circuit protection.
- The DIN-rail Interface Unit is mounted in the electrical distribution board. Although it is out of sight and no intrusion to décor, it is accessible and informative.
- Temperature overrides are available.
Our PWH system combines solar energy from photovoltaic solar panels with electricity from the utility, to heat water through geyser controls. This also enable our developers to achieve the SANS10400 XA-2 standard, whilst saving on input costs. Any of the local conventional electrical geyser brands can be used with our PWH system.
Bulk PV (Photovoltaic) Solar
Up to 40% of a development’s energy consumption can be supplied by PV solar. By managing load profiles of the complete development during sunshine hours, it is possible to not only comply to SANS standards, but also to create a substantial electricity cost saving which can be utilized by the Home Owners Association (HOA), or passed on to the tenants/owners.